The road markings are highly important because they aim to navigate the drivers. It controls traffic and ensures vehicle safety on the highways. The markings are also necessary to define parking regulations so that there is no congestion. The technicians use advanced materials and equipment for clear road markings and high-quality results.
Advanced Marking Services Limited is a reputable company for road markings in Reading. With several years of industrial experience, they have established a growing client base in Reading and the surrounding areas.
Importance of Road Markings
Road linings and marking are essential for guaranteeing safety on roads, from country roads to cycle lanes, wide motorways or small alleys. The main aim is to give instant instruction to the drivers to prevent hazardous situations. They should be visible and understandable for the vehicle drivers and the pedestrians too. The highly visible white and yellow linings are meant to separate the traffic lines. It also ensures that the drivers should stay only on the safe sides of the road. They should avoid merging into the other traffic lanes while driving their car at high speed. The markings also indicate speed restriction, stoppage areas and brakes. They specifically mark out the bus and cycle zones, zebra crossing, no parking zones with single and double yellow linings etc.
In the UK, road accidents are a common occurrence. The road markings are made fresh to navigate the road system efficiently. They are also important during the nighttime, in dark conditions.
Road Markings are, therefore, a constructive way of rendering useful information to the people on public roads –
- Lanes for bus and cycles
- Implicates speed limits
- Single and double yellow lines
- Give way lines
- Clear separation of the traffic lanes
- Avoid upcoming hazards
- Zebra crossings which are instructions for the pedestrian
Different Types of Road Markings
- Along the Carriageway – There are shorter lane lines, double white lines and broken and solid lines.
- Junction Markings – Give way marks are made by upside-down triangles, thick and broken double white lines. A thick white line is there at places with traffic signals. There is the cyclist only stop line is for the cycle drivers lane. There are box junctions with yellow criss-cross grids.
- Zigzag lines- You can see white zigzag lines on the sides of pedestrian crossings, also prohibiting overtaking and parking. The yellow zigzag lines are seen outside schools and hospitals.
- Yellow Lines – There are single and double yellow lines and yellow curb markings.
Since road markings undergo a lot of wear and tear, with time, they become invisible. The professionals use advanced technology and high-quality material like thermoplastics which are long-lasting and durable. They ensure the safety of the pedestrians and drivers to minimise the accident rates eventually.